Thursday, November 10, 2016

1) Papuan hero Frans Kaisiepo to feature on Rp 10,000 banknote


2) PNG vows to probe disappearance of 16 Indonesians


—————————————————
1) Papuan hero Frans Kaisiepo to feature on Rp 10,000 banknote
Jayapura, Papua | Thu, November 10, 2016 | 06:02 pm
For the first time since 1965, when Papua became part of the Republic of Indonesia, the image of a Papuan national hero will feature on a banknote released by Bank of Indonesia (BI).
“A picture of a hero from Papua, Frans Kaisiepo, has been selected to be the main picture on the front side of the Rp 10,000 banknote. This is the first time that the image of a hero from Papua will be the main picture on a rupiah banknote,” Joko Supraktikt, the head of the central bank’s Papuan office, said Thursday in Jayapura.
Joko said banknotes featuring Kaisiepo’s image would be released along with six other banknotes and four coins.
Joko said to put Kaisiepo’s picture on the banknote, the bank needed to obtain approval from the hero’s heirs. “They gave us the nod,” he said.
BI’s Papua and West Papua representative offices proposed four figures to the headquarters: Marthen Indey, Silas Papare, Johannes Abraham Dimara and Kaisiepo.

Kaisiepo was born in 1921 and died in 1979. He was the first Papuan governor of Papua, which was called Irian Jaya at the time, from 1964 to 1973. “The 1965 Papua referendum was held under his administration,” Joko said.
Joko said with the selection of Kaisiepo BI wanted to convey its respect for Papua. He said Rp 10,000 banknotes were the most used in Indonesia. (evi)

——————————————————-

2) PNG vows to probe disappearance of 16 Indonesians

Jumat, 11 November 2016 01:10 WIB | 213 Views
Port Moresby (ANTARA News) - The government of Papua New Guinea has pledged to look into the disappearance of 16 Indonesian nationals who entered the neighboring country during 2014 and 2015, an official said.

Papua New Guinea will convey the results of its investigation to Indonesia through diplomatic channels, chief of the Indonesian delegation to a meeting of the Joint Sub-Committee on Security Matters (JSCSM), Commodore Atok Sutanto told ANTARA in Port Moresby.

The whereabouts of the 16 Indonesian citizens from Merauke district in Papua province are still unknown.

At the one-day meeting held on Wednesday, the Papua New Guinean delegation to the meeting also stated that Yakyu is part of the Indonesian territory and assured that incident like lowering Indonesias Red-and-White flag in the area will not recur.

"Papua New Guinea has pledged to prevent any recurrence of the incident in the future," said Susanto, who is also a high ranking officer for international relations at the National Defense Forces (TNI) Headquarters in Jakarta.

The 16 Indonesians entered Papua New Guinea via Torasi between 2014 and 2015. However, their whereabouts have been unknown since then. (*)
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment