Monday, December 9, 2013

1) None harmed in two Freeport shootings


1) None harmed in two Freeport  shootings
2) Freeport may have to cut Grasberg output by 40%
3) RI ambassador to Oz may  not return to Canberra  anytime soon


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/12/10/none-harmed-two-freeport-shootings.html
1) None harmed in two Freeport  shootings
The Jakarta Post, Papua | Archipelago | Tue, December 10 2013, 7:15 AM
Two vehicles operating at copper and gold producer PT Freeport Indonesia’s (PTFI) mine were targeted in shootings on Sunday and Monday in Timika, Papua. No casualties were reported in the incidents.
“A water tanker was shot at in the Mile 41 area on Monday at around 2 p.m. local time, by unidentified persons as the truck was heading to Post 41 to refill water,” Papua Police chief spokesman Adj. Sr. Comr. Sulistio Pudjo said via text message.
He added that the tanker driver, Agustinus Weyai, was unharmed. The perpetrators shot at his truck six times from the left.
When police inspected his truck, they found five bullet holes on the left door, tire and radiator.
Earlier on Sunday, unidentified people also fired shots at a Toyota Kijang Innova, driven by Chief Pvt. Warsidi, a Mimika Infantry Brigade personnel.
The incident took place at around 12:55 p.m. local time when the car was on its way from Timika to Mile 50. As the car arrived at Mile 41, it was shot at by unidentified persons from the left and right directions.
“There was no casualty in the incident,” said Pudjo.
Separately, in a press release, PTFI corporate communication vice president Daisy Primayanti said she had received the reports from the incidents from the command center and that the vehicles were not owned by PTFI, and the drivers were not employed by the company.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mining.com/freeport-may-cut-output-from-grasberg-up-to-40-36344/

2) Freeport may have to cut Grasberg output by 40%

Cecilia Jamasmie | December 9, 2013
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (NYSE:FCX) is reportedly trying to get permission from the Indonesian government to keep exporting copper concentrate from its flagship Grasberg mine, as it will have to slash output to 30 to 40% of the maximum if a ban is imposed.
The Arizona-based company, Bloomberg reports, would need to lay off about 30,000 employees and dozens of contractors if it is not allowed to ship concentrates from the country any longer.
Indonesia's proposed ban on export shipments of unprocessed metals is set to come into effect on January 12 and mining companies operating in the country are forecasting disaster if the government implements it in full.
With a population of 240 million, the nation is the world’s premier thermal coal exporter, a nickel, bauxite and tin powerhouse and is also rich in gold and copper.
In October, FT.com quoted Garibaldi Thohir, a vice-chairman of Indonesia' chamber of commerce (Kadin) and chief executive of Adaro, the country’s number two producer of thermal coal for power stations as saying: "If the government implements a full ban, the whole industry will collapse."
Production at Grasberg, the world's largest gold and second-largest copper mine with a history that dates back to the 1930s, was halted for about two months in spring as the Indonesian government conducted an investigation into several accidents at the mine. The most infamous of them was a tunnel collapse that killed 28 at the copper, gold and silvers mine.
Freeport's current contract to operate Grasberg in the Papua province expires in 2021.
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/12/09/ri-ambassador-oz-may-not-return-canberra-anytime-soon.html
3) RI ambassador to Oz may  not return to Canberra  anytime soon
Bagus BT Saragih, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | World | Mon, December 09 2013, 6:16 PM

Indonesian Ambassador to Australia Nadjib Riphat Kesoema, who was recalled to Jakarta following the revelation of alleged espionage by the Australian Intelligence Agency, may not return to his post in Canberra in the near future as the two countries just entered a lengthy bilateral relations normalization process.
Presidential spokesman Julian Aldrin Pasha said on Monday that he could not give an exact date of when Nadjib would return to Australia. “Nadjib will remain here in Indonesia until we are convinced that we can normalize our bilateral relationship with Australia,” he said at the State Palace after an event to commemorate International Anti-Corruption Day and International Human Rights Day.
Julian’s statement, however, suggested that Nadjib might only be able to serve his post again after the entire six-step roadmap process toward diplomatic relation normalization, set out by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, was completed and pleased both Jakarta and Canberra.
Many believe the process will be a lengthy one that might go on until Yudhoyono finishes his second term in October next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment